Friday, December 14, 2012

Follow Friday #27


Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee!

Q: What is the last book that made you cry? Tell us about the scene...

Oh, gosh. Umm.... it's been awhile. I don't cry very often.

I cried a little at the end of The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls (a memoir), over summer. It took place in a hospital, but I kind of don't want to spoil the ending for someone who hasn't read it. (I feel weird saying that about a memoir, since it's not my usual fiction, and if the person is still alive what does it matter if you spoil the ending? But this is irrelevant.)

And last year, I shed a few tears when I first read Eragon by Christopher Paolini. That was when Brom died, and they buried him on a lonely hilltop when on the run from the army... *sniffle* That was in the middle of the book, and many people have read it, so I feel okay about telling you that. And if you've never read the book... that was a spoiler. Sorry.

Anyways, I don't cry often. And not at all often when it comes to books. But there are a couple times. How about you? Do you cry a lot at sad scenes?



1 comment:

  1. I never used to cry at books or films. But now ... now it's like my body's going, "THE FEELS! THE FEELS! KILL HER WITH THE FEELS!" So I have shed more than my fair share of tears when it comes to novels.

    I'm glad you like the song, hate Comic Sans and love snow. We don't get much in the way of it either unfortunately ):

    ReplyDelete