Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Favorites





I had a pretty dull week. Just... normal. Nothing special.

Music:

I didn't listen to anything new, but I rediscovered some old ones. Here's Aly and AJ-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij9l0qcULEY

I also listened to a lot of old Disney music: you know, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, The Aristocats... The Aristocats is a Disney movie? The cats and the rich lady who leaves all her possessions to her cats and the butler gets jealous and takes the cats far away? I used to love that movie. I haven't watched in forever.

Quotes:

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple." -Jack Kerouac

"Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them." -Lemony Snicket

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." -Eleanor Roosevelt

"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle." -Gloria Steinem


Books:

I read Cinder by Marissa Meyer - a strange retelling of Cinderella where she's part robot and the evil queen from the moon is trying to marry the prince. Very interesting, I would recommend it. I also read Lost Voices by Sarah Porter, about a girl who turns into a mermaid with an incredible voice, and her group of mermaid friends keeps pressuring her to lure the sailors on passing ships into the water. Very emotional, almost... surreal. A pretty captivating read. Also, I am still reading The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck for my English project. I plan on trying harder to finish that book over the weekend. I mean, now it's getting interesting - famine, revolt, moving away from home and longing to return.


That's pretty much all I've got. Like I said, it's been a rather monotonous week. It dragged along, but I made it to Friday. So, have an awesome weekend, make good choices, and read to your heart's content! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment