Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Dreaded First Post

So, let me introduce myself. I am Iris. Or Night. Or even Fantasy, if you want. None of these are my real name, but my real name is just kind of bland to my ears. These are more... liberal. Open. Exotic.

This is a writing/reading/music blog. I will post writing advice, music tips, book reviews, and possibly none of the above. I will try a definite schedule, but don't be surprised if I don't stick by it. I'm not very temporal, so my posts'll more likely be sporadic.

I love reading, writing, and music, obviously. I also love cats, butterflies, dragons, griffins, mermaids, fairies, photography, art, country music, Christian music, and poetry. Note that I said photography: I haven't taken my own pictures since I was six and my dad and older sister let me hold the camera, but I am absolutely fascinated by it. Especially by natural landscapes or animals.

I live in the southeast United States, with my parents, my five siblings, my cats and my dog. We have a crowded house. Um... what else? I have a pretty strange view on life, which you might glimpse through later posts. I realize my flaws and do my best to live life. What more can I say?

I know not many people will read this. But you have to start somewhere, and this is it. I shall end this with a quote and a goodbye:

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."
-Charles William Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment