Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Favorites

I post songs, quotes or books I've read this past week!

Songs:

I recently started taking an interest in Rise Against. "Endgame", "Satellite", "Help is on the Way", and "Savior" are my favorites.
Linkin Park's "New Divide" and "What I've Done" are also songs I highly recommend. Here is the link to "New Divide":
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnS09oQNexA


Quotes:

I recently found a notebook full of quotes that I'd written a couple years ago. I've rediscovered some good ones:
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying."
-Oscar Wilde
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
-Marilyn Monroe
"For most of history, Anonymous was a woman."
-Virginia Woolf
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself."
-Albert Einstein

Books:

This week, I read Storm Thief by Chris Wooding and Nefertiti: Book of the Dead by Nick Drake. I've read the first few chapters of The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck, which is actually for an English project. I feel pretty good about all of them: Chris Wooding has some awesome settings and very creative ideas, while the whole Ancient Egypt and missing Queen of Drake's book was quite vividly realistic. My English project is okay, a little dry because the only complication the MC has encountered is getting married, and it turned out to be the best decision of his life. But it's quite realistic as well, down to the whole patriarchal thoughts common to the time period.


  Overall, it's been an interesting week. I've rediscovered old ideas and found new inspiration. As usual, I end with a quote and goodbye:
"When you're drowning you don't think 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would notice I'm drowning and come and rescue me.' You just scream."
-John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment