Friday, June 22, 2012

FF#3 and Friday Favorites

Wow, it's been a whole week since I posted. I got caught up in doing nothing. :)


FF is hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee and, well, you know the rules. Answer the question, follow people, link them back to this post so they can follow you, etc.

Today's Question:

Q: If you could "unread" a book, which one would it be? Is it because you want to start over and experience it again for the first time? Or because it was THAT bad?

My answer... This is a tough one. I might say the Warriors saga by Erin Hunter. I loved that series, but I haven't read it in a long time, and I want to know whether or not I'd love it the first time around if the first aound was now. I mean, I first read it back in the 4th grade, and then again (and again) throughout middle school. But now, after I just finished my sophomore year, and I've read a great number of "higher-level" reading material? Would I still feel the magic, now that I look for the grammatical errors, the plot holes, etc.?
As for one I'd "unread" due to its horrible-ness, I would say... erh.... well, probably Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Not because of anything the author did intentionally, mind you, I just found the end devastating. I won't spoil it for those who've never read (or heard) of it, but it was just mindblowing in a not-so-great way for me. For those who have read it, you might understand what I mean with the whole Game thing. I don't know, I guess sci-fi isn't my favorite genre of all time.

What about you? Leave a comment with your link! Don't forget to follow! <3

As for my favorites? Here are some music videos and quotes:




Quotes:

"That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most."
~Up (the Disney movie)

"If everyone is yelling, no one can be heard."
~Jennifer Donnelly, Revolution

"Remember the small things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
~Robert Brault

"What a sad era when it is easier to smash an atom than a prejudice."
~Albert Einstein

It's been a busy week full of reading and daydreaming and sleeping. Sorry I haven't posted all week - I've been too lazy to do much, because I've been reveling in my first week of summer vacation. :)

Have a blessed Friday and keep writing!

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read either of those books but I get your point on having read higher level books. :)
    My FF; http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/follow-friday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower!

    Haven't read either books, but I know what you mean about some endings.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/06/follow-friday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post! I am always a little wary of rereading my favourites as I'm scared that I won't enjoy them as much the second time round.

    New to your blog!
    Steph @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand what you mean. But there are so many books that I loved SO much, I wish I could reread them anyways!

    old follower
    theresamjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ender's Game. It makes me sad that it can never be the same on re-read because...well...that ending.

    My follow friday. Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Ender's Game but my Brother in law has and fell in love with it so I gave it to him. Because I just didn't think I would ever get to it.

    New Follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by.

    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Sorry I am a little late! Love the blog! I followed on GFC. I would love it if you could check out my blog: http://readingunderthewillowtree.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete