Friday, June 15, 2012
Friday Favorites + FF#2
FF is a weekly meme that is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The basic rules are:
1. Follow thte hosts' blogs and create a post answering the question.
2. Follow other people's blogs.
3. Link them to this post so they can follow you.
This week's question:
Happy Father's Day! Who is your favorite dad character in a book and why?
1. Mo from Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. He's such a laughing, book-loving, nomad father. He loves and protects Meggie through the whole series.
2. Uncle Garrow from Eragon by Christopher Paolini - you got to give him credit for raising Eragon like his own child. And I thought his death was so tragic, because his nephew couldn't save the only father figure he ever had (except for Brom, of course!).
3. Bob from the Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix; he raised both Arthur and the other children, even though not all of them were his. Quite a few were adopted or his stepchildren, but he loved them all the same, thouhg clueless about Arthur sometimes.
4. Gaia's dad from Birthmarked by Caragh O'brien, who actually died, but I think he deserves a mention. Gaia remembers her dad throughout the book; he was a fun, laughing kind of dad who loved his daughter and his wife very much.
Those are my answers. And my favorites this week:
I read A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain this week, which took most of the week. I found the large sections of Ye Olde Speak hard to follow. Overall though, it was entertaining up until (but not including) the end.
As for quotes, I found a few wonderfully simple ones:
"Everything you can imagine is real."
"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"
"A library is infinity under a roof."
~Gail Carson Levine
"We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master."
And the last is a couple pictures from tumblr. (Or possibly deviantart or photobucket. But mainly tumblr.)
That's it for this Friday. Don't forget to follow and comment! Have a blessed weekend! <3