Friday, October 5, 2012

Follow Friday #18


Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee.

Q: What do you hope to accomplish with your blog? Is it to one day become an author yourself, just for fun, maybe get some online attention, or maybe something very different?

Honestly? Mainly for three reasons: one is because I want to be an author one day. Writing blog posts - writing anything, for that matter - is good practice. Plus, blogging is a scheduled thing, which might help if I make a career of writing.

The second is because I need an audience. A platform. To get my voice out there, so when I do publish a book, people actually know about it. A platform sounds kind of impersonal - it's sort of a way to connect readers to my books and ultimately to me. Word of mouth is the best advertisement and all that.

The third, and main, reason is because a year or two ago, when I first started becoming interested in writing and book blogs, it looked fun. To connect and share with other people? I'm not social, but if it's not face-to-face, I'm all for it. And I still find it fun. Reading your comments warms my day. Commenting on others' gives me a fuzzy feeling (Which, when I put it that way, makes me think there is a squirrel or a chipmunk nesting in my shirt).

I "accomplish" a warm and fuzzy feeling when I maintain this blog. I "accomplish" a connection with readers of blogs and future readers of my future books.

Have a blessed weekend, y'all. :)  

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!
    I agree with all 3 reasons, they are mine too!!!
    Perfect answer!!

    Old follower-
    Come check out My FF
    -Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your reasons. :] Great post and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete