Friday, March 22, 2013

Follow Friday #37


[Whew! Thank goodness it's Friday!]

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee.

Q: What is your guilty pleasure as far as reading? Is it a genre, or is it a certain type of book?

I love epic fantasy. You know the type: other worlds, adventure, magic. The works. If it avoids tangling romance into its already complicated mix, even better.

Don't get me wrong. I love plenty of types of reading -- as soon as I finish reading my current book, the Goose Girl by Shannon Hale (fantasy), I plan on picking up Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (historic). And after that, Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer (memoir).

But really, fantasy is my genre. The medieval type, with a strong heroine and no romance and weird premises, that is my style. Hard to find books like these at my local Barnes and Noble, but they're worth it. One of the reasons I write -- so I can add to the meager collection of my specific style of book.

Really, though, if it's fantasy, I'll consider it over other types of books. Even with romance, I might choose the fantasy over, say, a memoir or a general fiction. What can I say? It's a guilty pleasure.

What about you? Any special preferences? Have a blessed Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment