Friday, July 20, 2012

Follow Friday #7


Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. This week's question is:

Q: Christmas in July! Someone gives you a gift card for two books (whatever that costs). What two books will you buy?

This is hard. Just two? And I haven't been to Barnes & Noble in forever (like, WEEKS). Here are a couple:

This is a new one I've never read. The summary sounded awesome, about friendship and family secrets. There was no mention of sappy romance that's critical to the plot (I'm not a big fan of romance). Plus, I love butterflies.
 This book I've actually read several times. In actuality, now that I think about it, I'd like ANY book from Laurie Halse Anderson. Her works are uniquely written and I can read them over and over without it losing its dark beauty. She writes honestly about things most people don't (like rape or anorexia). It's an inside look at what victims are thinking. I've always checked it out from the library (this one and Wintergirls), but I would love to have my own copy.







Those are my picks. (This is only a meager selection compared to my actual TBR list.) What were your picks? Comment and link back, I'd love to hear from you!

9 comments:

  1. I own Speak, but have never heard of the first one. I love books about secrets, so will definitely check it out. I love a good romance, but not the insta-love ones that seem to populate YA these days. :-P

    New GFC follower!

    My F&F post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own Speak and really love it. Totally with you on that one! :) New follower, check me out at:

    http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com/2012/07/follow-me-friday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speak looks awesome!
    What a great cover!!

    Old follower-
    theresamjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started reading Speak, but never finished! Arghh...
    I love the cover of Butterfly Summer!
    old follower :)
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices! I've only seen the film version of Speak which was interesting!
    New follower!
    My Feature&Follow post

    ReplyDelete
  6. great picks! new follower, thanks for following my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of either of these, I'll have to look them up! Followed back, thanks for visiting and following :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked up Speak but haven't read it yet. I haven't heard of the other book. I'll have to check it out on GR. Great picks :0)

    New follower. My FF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. Speak is such a powerful, wonderful book.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete